Telescoping Fishing Poles: What to Look for When Shopping
- What to Look for in a Telescoping Fishing Pole
- How to Choose the Right Telescoping Fishing Pole for You?
Telescoping fishing poles are a popular option for anglers on the go, as they provide an easy way to extend your reach out into the water. But what factors should you consider when shopping for a telescoping fishing pole? In this article, we'll outline the key features you need to look for in order to find the perfect telescoping pole for your needs.
What to Look for in a Telescoping Fishing Pole
When shopping for a telescoping fishing pole, be sure to consider the following factors:
- Length: The telescoping fishing pole should have a length that is comfortable for you.
- Weight: The telescoping fishing pole should be lightweight so that you can carry it easily.
- Construction: Make sure the telescoping fishing pole is made from durable materials.
- Types of Telescoping Fishing Poles
There are a few types of telescoping fishing poles on the market, and each has its own benefits and drawbacks. Here's a breakdown of the different types:
- Fixed-action Telescoping Poles: These are the most common type of telescoping fishing pole and what you probably think of when you think of telescoping fishing poles. They have a fixed action, which means that they don't extend or retract; you manually adjust them. This is the least adjustable type of telescoping pole, so it might not be suitable for everyone. They're typically cheaper than other types of telescoping fishing poles, but they can also be less durable.
- Semi-Fixed Action Telescoping Poles: These telescopes have a semi-fixed action, which means that they extend and retract about half their total length with each push/pull. This is an intermediate level of adjustment between fixed action and fully adjustable telescoping poles, and is generally more comfortable to use. They tend to be pricier than fixed action telescopes, but also more durable.
- Fully Adjustable Telescoping Poles: These telescopes have the most adjustable feature of all telescopic fishing poles - you can adjust them from fully retracted to fully extended with just a few simple clicks. They're usually the most expensive type of telescope out there, but they're also usually the best in terms of durability and adjustability.
How to Choose the Right Telescoping Fishing Pole for You?
If you're in the market for a telescoping fishing pole, there are several factors to consider. Here's a breakdown of what you need to know:
- Length: The telescoping fishing pole length ranges from around 24" up to 55". Make sure to pick the right length for your height and body frame.
- Type of Telescoping: There are two main types of telescoping fishing poles – those with one lever and those with two levers. The one lever telescoping poles are easier to use, but the two lever poles offer more stability and power when casting.
- Weight: The telescoping fishing pole weight ranges from just under 2 pounds up to 6 pounds. Make sure to pick the right weight for your needs and comfort level.
- Handle Type: Some telescoping fishing poles come with comfortable rubber handles, while others come with metal handles that provide better grip. It's important to choose a handle type that is comfortable and fits your hand well.
- Budget: Price is important because Telescopic Fishing Poles can be expensive, so make sure that you are getting what you pay for.
When shopping for telescoping fishing poles, you want to make sure that you are getting the best possible product for your money. With all the consideration factors we have shared, we believe you will find the right fishing pole right away!